Quote Originally Posted by Good Coyote View Post
Humans do seem to be exceptionally diverse, but it's not just intermingling with others. They have multiple distinct communities and many of them seem to have class differences within them. Not everyone's a noble. Some people are dirt farmers. The dirt farmers may have a claim of injustice.

The diverse communities we've seen could have all descended from identical clones having kids with each other? I suppose. Kind of gross to think about though.
Noble/dirt farmer injustice can also happen. They're not mutually exclusive. But if, as Redcloak says, goblins can't walk into a human/elf/dwarf settlement without getting slaughtered on the spot, that prevents them from joining any alliances or cooperating to become stronger and more resilient. The fact that they are in a weaker positioning has the potential to keep them in a weaker positioning, effectively.

As for the "diverse communities" thing, I probably misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the communities were created with a mixture of completely diverse humanoid races, with goblins and elves and humans and dwarves and orcs all living alongside each other. My mistake.