Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
Noble/dirt farmer injustice can also happen. They're not mutually exclusive. But if, as Redcloak says, goblins can't walk into a human/elf/dwarf settlement without getting slaughtered on the spot, that prevents them from joining any alliances or cooperating to become stronger and more resilient. The fact that they are in a weaker positioning has the potential to keep them in a weaker positioning, effectively.

As for the "diverse communities" thing, I probably misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the communities were created with a mixture of completely diverse humanoid races, with goblins and elves and humans and dwarves and orcs all living alongside each other. My mistake.
I'd like to add to that - the Western Continent is mostly made of BOTH Lizardfolk and humans (plus elves way up top). Plus we've seen what appear to be Kobold communities that interact with other groups (at least something in Cliffport if we assume Mr. You Killed My Father was recruited there like Pompey), and I believe some other monsters interacting with humans/demihumans positively. It isn't just goblinoids, Trolls in particular seem to not interact with humans much based on Serini's conversation with Lien, but goblins having a lack of other races to interact with is a big issue for their own equity.