View Single Post

Thread: Is spell dmg worth at high levels?

1. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Is spell dmg worth at high levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    No, you have to heal normally somehow to regain HP, which means either an external healing source or resting***. There's no accelerated healing which pulls HP out of nowhere just because you were knocked unconscious--you're better off healing while you're still healthy.

*** I also disallow short rest healing unless you have a bard with Song of Rest, and on long rests you can either regain half your HD or spend some HD, but not both, both of which tie into the "wounded warrior" scenario (see below) as well as "wounded enemy" and "wounded mate of an frenemy" and things like that. I want wounds that last for days, not 1-4 hours.
    Ok--so if you have any way to do healing that brings your damage back down below your max HP, do you get to act on that turn?
    Rephrased: given your WEGO initiative, if I get healed so that I have less than maxHP damage during this turn/round, do I get to act on this turn?

Regarding the Bard: is your version of Song of Rest effectively "if you spend your short rest (or an hour of a long rest) singing, you and any friendly creatures in earshot heal 1dX damage at the end of that rest"?
    If you were to use Tasha's, would the Chef bonus be the same?
    Last edited by x3n0n; 2021-04-22 at 05:34 PM.