Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
I don't think Thor being truthful about the gods' motives/methods makes Redcloak wrong in any way that really matters. Whether or not they specifically created goblinoids as fodder races, the pantheons still made a universe whose fundamental laws provide material incentives for sapient beings to kill each other, and didn't see structural inequities as a problem worth balancing for. Somebody was almost assuredly going to get the short end of that stick, and whoever it was would have a valid grievance against the gods who set it up so that would happen, even if they left the exact outcome up to chance.
No

The God who created them had a design strategy that he thinks will work. They can say "hey Fenris, your ideas suck!" And not worship him.

But it is not the other God's fault that they did a better job making their creatures than Fenris did making his.

Your failure to do a good job does not impose a burden on me to do a bad one.

One better armed and armored dwarf is likely to beat one worse armed and armored Goblin. But the point of Fenris' strategy is that it won't be one on one, it will be one on two, or maybe three.

And sometimes quantity does have a quality all its own

Would I rather be the creation of a K strategy God than an R strategy God? Yes

but that doesn't mean that R strategy never works. Heck, it worked when taking Azure City.

So no, Redcloak does not have a legitimate beef with any God, other than the God who created goblins, and the Goblin God who's lying to him