Quote Originally Posted by Good Coyote View Post
I mean I think it actually makes the gods look quite a bit worse that they had literally zero need to designate a fodder race or more precisely a loser race (if in fact it is true that the goblins were set up as one by way of being disadvantaged in some ways), which is what I was disagreeing with.
One race didn't turn out as intended and as such, was neglected by the one god who had a responsibility to look after them. That's not evidence of a divine conspiracy to make a race of xp-farm victims, but of a very bad dog (or wolf) asleep at the wheel when he shouldn't have been. Very bad daddy doggie. The literal meaning of it has limited applicability to anything involving real humans for reasons I won't get into, but the point about victimhood is also not quite right. Simply being on a losing streak (one which the goblins just broke in a very big way) doesn't mean the rules or the referee are corrupt. Other races besides the goblins are weaker than humans, live in harsh environments, and don't have fully developed civilizations. No one is singling out goblins or goblinoids.