Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
Just want to point out, there is no need build in for any particular sentient race to be "the losers". Leaving aside the reality that lots of wars could still happen for any number of other reasons there are tons of chances for leveling and power in things like non sapient monsters and Xykon types or Evil Emperors like Tarquin and such that don't need goblins to be perpetual losers. The god's hands are quite literally tied once things are in motion though and at the end of the day it's the people on the ground who suck and treat goblins like crap for their own stupid non divine reasons, and people on the grounds job to fix it. Redcloak isn't right about ****, and Durkon's offer only looks better and better with this reveal not worse.
It would be a very boring game if there was no winner or loser. Assuming resources aren't infinite, there's always going to be a struggle for limited resources in any given world. There can't help but to be winners and losers. Now, there is such a thing as treating all with respect, including those on the losing side of the equation. There's also the fact that a winner one day may be the loser the next. I'd much rather live in a country or a world guided by someone who is realistic than by someone who makes crazy promises and screams at people when the holes in their story are pointed out.

And frankly, when Redcloak dies for good- and I'm sure he will- I'll be very happy. He lost my last shred of sympathy when he tried to kill Durkon, despite the fact that Durkon was being far kinder to him than he deserved.