Hello everyone!

So, your read the topic name and might be thinking of what I am talking about.
And here is what I mean - by now heroes must realize, that gods provide same threat, as Snarl himself (itself?).
Why so?

First (possibly most important) - how can we be sure, that gods won't destroy the world, even if heroes find a way to render Snarl harmless forever, just in case?
Do they actually care about the world? No, not even the good aligned! They do care about "income" in the form of souls, but for now there is no reason to believe that any of them, again, even good ones, want existence to continue, only because it's good. They unmade countless worlds before, why would they treat this one differently? They can destroy it in any moment, if they are scared enough!

Second - in any dispute, it's always good to listen to both sides. We don't actually know, if everything is really as described by now. We do know, that there is a whole world inside the Snarl. Is it really such a horrid abomination? Can we be sure that gods keep Snarl imprisoned because he is dangerous?
Maybe gods destroy worlds just for lulz or out of boredom, and Snarl tried to stand up against this? We never heard his version!

We assume that Oots gods are on the good side, because of our real-life beliefs, and also because of all other books, movies, games or whatever. But what if we are wrong?

Third - even earlier we saw, that some of gods created something just for fun, or due to being incompetent. Like on some old page Monkey created ninjas unfit for the medieval Europe style, or on today's page with Fenris creating goblins completely unable to see what disastrous result will be from it.
And as for being incompetent, do I need to say anything about Odin?
This section doesn't add "points" for Snarl, but it does go against gods.

In today's page, even Durkon realized that all mortals are just toys or food for gods. And Thor didn't really argues with this.

Fourth - gods said they created this world as a prison of Snarl? So, once Snarl is destroyed or pacified, there is no longer need to keep it? I guess keeping worlds is expensive.

Fifth - with Snarl no more, they might or even they will start fighting each other again. Results can be disastrous for mortals.

Sixth - this one is "metagame". We know how the author hates the idea of races evil by default. And gods directly create some races as evil. There is a possibility, that Giant will implement his struggle against evil races idea by heroes going against gods because of it.

Now, the idea of a mortals going against gods to get free from them is relatively rare, but it exists.
My favorite game series Gothic can be an example. Xardas, the necromancer feared and hated by all, but NOT evil, created a long going plan, which resulted in gods losing their direct control over mortals, and humans with orcs both becoming free of being toys in senseless struggle.

So, to summarize, I believe there is a chance, that the party will one day revolt against gods, either after defeating the Snarl (the gods might want to destroy the world anyway, for whatever reason) or even instead of it.