Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
Those lines already exist. It goes something along the lines of this: You can make be either male or female and can act in any manner you so choose.
Yeah that's kind of the point, you missed non-binary. (Although apparently its not in the one you were quoting so maybe they missed it?)

I also feel you haven't quite understood they type of information I'm looking for. To switch to the dress example "Fancy clothing exists" is not enough information. The exact stylings and stitching patterns of fancy clothing is excessive. But I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of some people in fancy clothing so I roughly know what it is and maybe how much fancy clothing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
I see the relationship more along the lines of novelizations of video games or fanfiction: works inspired by the sources, but not sources themselves.
Sure, but in the adaptation process they changed the magic system. I'm not even getting to the why here (or whether that was a good idea or not) just simply pointing out that they did. So not all D&D settings use the same magic system. If you want to go deeper than that maybe we should break off into a different thread.