1. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Idea: The Order will have to defeat not only Snarl, but also gods!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    The Gods have a pragmatic reason for not destroying worlds "just for lulz or out of boredom". The worlds are their food source, and destroying the world is regarded as the absolute last resort because it endangers the Gods, just not as much as the Snarl does.
    Well, some of the reasons to destroy the world were effectively lulz (from the evil, "piss on everyone's grave") and boredom ("I want to try a new coastline"), I put the "this world's season has ended" on the edge, not exactly boredom, bu surely uncaring.

And we know that at least some of the gods that don't want to destroy the world are influenced in this decision by the existence of a way to seal the Snarl effectively. Even more, we know that everyone in the North Pantheon knows about the Dark One, and some prefer to go on with the cycle of destruction instead of trying to deal with TDO (cfr when Thor shows Dukon the Major Image of the Gods bickering).

And I don't know that if it is possible to "try that natural evolution" in a world with fixed classes and races and, since they don't seem to be willing to get her hands dirty with changing an existing world, ...

Mostly I think, anyway, they won't destroy the world if not needed, because I suppose that creating wordls requires energy, and they want to get the more powerful souls possible from their investment.
    Last edited by Dr.Zero; 2021-04-25 at 05:23 AM.