Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Blackhart Woods

"Fwew, yeah. This place stinks. Do all dungeons smell this bad? I think that might have some part to play in it." Natalie gestures to the fungi-encrusted bones wrapped in chainmail. She takes a mask and puts it on, though it doesn't help too much. Natalie also pulls out a torch, a slim little maglite, and shines it around to see if there's anything else of interest, but there isn't- unless Karasu fancies checking out the long-dead corpse.

The door from the chamber is stuck. It opens into the room, so pushing against it won't really work. Natalie will help, either grabbing the handle alongside Karasu and helping to pull or scraping at the fungal growth on the ground so there's less for the bottom of the door to catch on. Beyond, once they've tugged the door open, is a narrow corridor, turning right and south for a short distance before bending back and travelling west, separated from the first chamber by a wall. It then bends south again, after travelling past the end of the first room. This southern passage ends in another door. The passage is musty, but not as damp as the previous room, without the fungal growth. The walls are still plain concrete, with dust on the floor and an arched ceiling. The door is a dry wooden door, with a brass lock. Chained to the lock is a matching key, currently dangling.

[Blackhart Woods]

"Yeah, figures." Karasu says as Natalie points out the dead body in the area. "Big bro says it depends; I asked. Haven't been to many dungeons myself, and those were excursions. Hope they don't all smell this bad, I particularly don't like bad smells, as you know." Even though she's been trained to endure it a little more than she usually would be able to.

The corpse is ignored in favour of pulling the door. She starts to unsheath her ninjato to do some scraping, but Natalie's beat her to it, so she sheathes it back and continues pulling. Once they're successful, she smiles at her girlfriend before continuing on.

The windy passage ends at the door with a brass lock, with the key chained to it. How lucky! "RNG's kind to us, today." She laughs at her little nerdy joke, which Natalie might understand due to her frequent references to the "Random Number God". "Let's get this open, Tali." She first inspects the lock and key for any magic emanating from them, then tries to pick it up and use it... only if there appears to be no funny business with it.