Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Well personally I feel the other races should give the goblins every chance to learn to play nice with their neighbors, only defending themselves from raids and breaking up goblin groups that are obviously about to start raids, even though this approach will cost the lives of innocent non-goblins in the raids they don't manage to defend against. Wiping out all goblins in a nation's territory, including the non-combatant women and children is not an option in my book. But I'm one of those idealistic believers in the basic dignity of life and the possibility of redemption.
All right. So when you said the other races were perhaps being too merciful, that was from the perspective of a non-idealistic actor in Stickworld solely concerned with eliminating all threats to innocent non-goblins? And such an actor would consider wiping out the goblins, including the women and children. But instead the idealistic option is to engage defensively and only conduct the occasional preemptive raid. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm agreeing with your argument that the current comic disproves point 1 of the hypothetical, and that it wasn't important to the hypothetical anyway.
Which leaves only the question of revisiting the intended conclusion of the hypothetical, based now on points 2-5.