Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
First, thank you for passing by, and for restarting the negative LA trend 4 years ago! This thread might not have existed if it wasn't for you.
Oh, thanks!

Yes, I noticed that, but that is not less sad.
I wouldn't call it sad so much as weird. Why advance exactly one golem? And if you're doing that, why stone golem? Why not the more powerful iron golem, the classic clay golem, or maybe do something clever with a Huge flesh golem?

Well then again, you call dwarfs "dwarfs" just because they're a bit smaller than humans, and drows are literally known as "dark elves" by most people. So yeah, the common language is pretty heavily human-centric and denies other races most of their culture and specificity. I propose we riot to have dwarves be called whatever they are called in dwarf language.
Yeah, there's plenty of fantasy dynamics we take for granted that would make pretty neat worldbuilding ideas if we took them seriously.

At least, [locaths] have a land speed, even though I'm not sure what they could do with it without air breathing...
Same thing that humans can do with the Swim skill. Well, I guess there's air on top of most water humans can stick their head into, but they can also dive underwater by holding their breath.

So, water you thinking of the locathah? Would you play it without RHD? How do you plan to offset its deep-runnning (even if deep-walking would be more accurate here) issues?
First off, you obviously don't play this in a campaign that isn't water-centric. Playing a freaky fish guy in a typical dungeon-crawler isn't completely invalid, but come on. The exact balance of water:land and how the two are combined (coastal city? pirate ship? Atlantis?) is going to strongly influence how I would handle this.
Beyond that, this isn't a very interesting monster to theorcraft for. Maybe I could sketch a primitive SCOBA apparatus for when you're forced out of the water in the early levels? The chassis is pretty good; you get a few +2 to ability scores, some solid natural armor, and a remarkable swim speed.