Thread: Tell A Joke!

1. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Tell A Joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Fabergé eggs.
    Tangent true story.

I got my mom a Baltic cruise for her 70th birthday, and had decided I was going to buy her a faberge egg as an extra present.
    You could get them in all the Baltic countries, but I was dead set on getting mine in St. Peterburg for that authentic feel, even though I was warned it would be more expensive. So we arrive in St. Petersburg, ride around on a tour bus and eventually come to a bunch of classical tourist trap stores, which sure enough have faberge eggs. I look around until I see the one I want at just under a thousand bucks (probably overprized), locked behind bars and armored glass. As the salesperson is packing the egg into a nice little box, he notices that he is missing some papers that go along with the egg. He is so nervous anout leaving us alone with the egg, that he goes sprinting through the shop, leaving the other customers staring in amazement and nearly overturning the walker of an elderly lady. He makes it back to us in record time, fills out the papers and sends us on our merry way.

When we arrive back at the docks, we have a few minutes, so we go strolling around the souvenir shops, and guess what I see outside a stand that sells newspapers and candy. About a hundred of the same model faberge egg we had just bought, in all the colors you can imagine, out in the open air for everyone to grab because they're so cheao. So I guess I was right. That first store was somewhat overprized.

The egg still made it onto my moms fireplace mantle though.
    I suspect she enjoys telling guests the story of what an idiot her son is much more than she would have an expensive piece of glitter...
    Last edited by Misereor; 2021-04-27 at 05:09 AM.
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -