To one she was an afterthought. An irritant interrupting a conversation and little more.

To the other?

Well.

That was hardly a normal reaction to her.

The weave?

No, not like the magical network. This is something else completely. Is she able to sense The Game's code in some capacity? Yezekiel has literally never encountered a mortal who can before. Not that she's got a ton of experience with this stuff, just a few years so far. But the Nexus has all sorts and no one has ever reacted to her quite like this before.

Zee's meat pajamas are only meant to provide a relatable outer appearance that people can interact with without feeling uncomfortable. No one really peeled back the veil to look at her through the guts of reality before.

This poor newcomer is obviously uncomfortable. And if there's anything Zee doesn't want to inflict on anyone dealing with so much strange it's one more thing to be uncomfortable about. Maybe if she... Hmmm...

Adjust that there. Recode here. Smooth things out a bit like so.

That should do it.

A completely unremarkable presence in the weave. Nothing to see here!

Zee offers a kind smile as she takes the menu back from the pronghorn. "I'll get that stew for you right away! And sorry for rattling you. I haven't ever met someone blessed with perceptions like yours."

Then she turns and heads off toward the kitchen to get that stew going!

MEANWHILE!

"That's okay! You can practice if you like while you're settling into other roles if you feel like it. Remember, this might just be a temporary thing while you get back on your feet. Or you might decide to stick around because you enjoy it!" Zee says, offering Selekhael a hug. "Do you want me to get an apron for you? Or would you like to just take things easy for now and watch how we do things around here?"