View Single Post

Thread: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

1. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"I'm talking about everything. There's not a single thing I've seen here today that's not creepy or dangerous." Thariza opts for being brutally direct. "We ran into those blue guys outside. I don't know if anyone's going to have much luck persuading them not to attack you, but I hope the two Ambrosias and... whoever this lady is... try anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"None taken." Riss said as she noted down the dragon's response. That is to say, it was filed under several guesses ranging from telekinesis to 'Emanation.' It wasn't a very helpful explanation but.. Well, one took what one could get. "I would like to see you do that with other things in the future, if possible." she said, switching to somewhat more colloquial word choice though none but her would know it was done grudgingly. The colloquialism hadn't been 'earned' in her opinion but.. Well, it was only for now, after all.

As for the telepathic signals, though.. Well, that depends. If it was a projected sort of telepathy, then it would seem that Riss would momentarily stiffen as if in response to some kind of threat. If it was a link between minds... Well, things would get messy. Regardless, it was not agreeable in the slightest but the muse at least was aware that it wasn't due to an actual attack at least. Certainly her composure would be at least briefly dropped though would just as quickly re-settle into the same staunched poise as she asked "So what's this about a battle? These allies?" she asked with just the slightest clipping of her tone
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

Thariza thinks about what to say as she takes off her armor. Charr aren't particularly bashful about nudity and she's no exception.

"Lucy called the two dragons the baby dragons' dads. So that means they're both male, but had kids. Either they're adopted or something else happened. I don't know how dragons reproduce. Pretty sure Elder Dragons don't." Her ears flick. "Also, I feel like this place hasn't been in operation very long. The little lizard-people don't seem very confident inviting guests in."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

Beyond the changing room, Ambrosia and Thariza will find a spacious cavern, dominated by a vast pool in the centre. Steps cut directly into the stone lead down to it, a shallow gradient across the floor making it fairly deep towards the middle (it is one of the larger rooms after all). Across the floor of the pool, glowing stones set onto the floor bathe the room in a soft yellow glow, bolstered by gently scented candles in natural alcoves in the wall.

Off to one side, several loungers (including a couple of extra-large dragon sized loungers) have more hot warm towels laid out, ready and waiting for anyone who's had enough of the pleasantly hot water for the time being.

For the moment it's just the two of them (don't mind the kobold who laid out the towels skittering quickly out of the way). Seems it may be a little longer yet before anyone else joins them.
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

"One can usually assume they reproduce the usual way. The dragon children we saw didn't give me any reason to believe otherwise at least. You're right about this place though, a lot of the information I found regarding it suggested it hadn't always been a bathhouse. Seemed like it was more of a traditional fort at one point." Ambrosia still pays little attention to their sorroundings, not even having taken a seat yet. "But what do you make of Lucy? She stands out among the staff and I can't help but to wonder why. I should really have asked her what she was doing her. But there's always time later I suppose."

[Dimensional Troubles]

"For that we would blame the humans that decided to destroy and steal our equipment. That's what caused this abnormality and we're now trying to repair and contain it the best of our ability." Jaccal gestures at the illusionary image."Speaking of which, we will need to do somthing for us." Tariza can see the dragon, the alien warriors, Ambrosia and that metal drone entering the temple now. "We need you to convince them to stay put. Your companion may enter but the others have to stay. We have enough to deal with to worry about such unpredictable beings moving around all this sensetive equipment. Like removing the tracker from you for instance." Jaacal now points down at a floor tile which has a carved mouth into it, Thariza have seen many like it while wandering through this temple. "Please stand here and you will be able to talk to them."

The carved maw will then start to glow and if she does stand on it whatever she says will be heard by the others.

The dragon turns to the armored aliens. "Er, right. The attack." Then looks back to Riss and Ambrosia. "Yeah, we met and decided to take down this temple together. So, uh, that's what we're going to do!" Then the dragon turns back to the aliens. "Just follow me inside and I'll, uh, tell you when to attack, okay? We just need to find who- or whatever is in charge and beat them until they give us what we want. Easy as pie for people as us, right?" Ambrosia doesn't say anything but her glare at the dragon is anything but approving and the dragon seems to feel it considering that even Riss can tell that she's getting nervous.
    But given that the response form the aliens is a resounding: ...so it shall be., the dragon moves ahead towards the large dragon-shaped hole in the temple. Suddenly appearing quite confident in her 'attack plan'.

Ambrosia let's out a small sigh. "Let's try to nudge her and these people towards a peaceful resolution, shall we?" She whispers to Riss before following along as well, keeping herself to the rear of the group.

But as they enter the temple they will start hearing Thariza's voice boom out from somewhere. The exact source of her voice not immidiately apparent.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-29 at 02:07 PM.