View Single Post

Thread: Next-strip predictions

1. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Next-strip predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she isolated Roy as the leader and decides to take him out so the rest of the team can't strategize as effectively.
    A hundred soldiers ably led defeat a thousand without a head. Take out the leadership, or, as we parse it in 21st century warfare: disable the Command and Control hubs/nodes

But OoTS has a robust command structure: Haley as second in command has grown. Even though as a leader she's not as good as Roy, she's still got the brains and the leader role figured out well enough to do the old "next adventurer up" thing. Plus, she's a Rogue, and I think she'll have a few counters to whatever Serini is trying to accomplish. And she has wands.
    Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
    Is it mean to think that if Serini wants to first eliminate the person with the best chance of thinking quickly to thwart her, she'll actually target Haley?
    That was my gut feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionathus View Post
    Since Roy's both the leader and Lawful Good, it's possible she'll get Soon Kim vibes from him and decide he's the one most likely to blow the gate, so she can't afford to let him escape even more so than the others. He's the one who blew up the previous gate, after all.
    That too.

On the other hand, standard adventuring party tactics is "take out the enemy casters first" and Serini was a long time adventurer ... do leopards reallly change their spost? Miko disabled V right off the bat when she took on the Order.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-04-28 at 02:01 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society