Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
For me, this just again raises the question what exactly is a cleric/god of twilight supposed to be? If it were Nighttime or Darkness or even the Moon I'd have some idea what to think on the matter, but as it stands it's just a great big question mark.
My take is that their theme was intended as "protectors against the scary things in the dark night" -- kinda like liminal dieties, protectors of cities or travelers, and similar. From the subclass description: "The darkness can also bring terrors, but the gods of twilight guard against the horrors of the night." To me, there's overlap with the theme of Oath of the Watchers paladins.

That's why they have heavy armor and martial weapons (though, on a cleric, I don't think those are all *that* powerful compared to default cleric armor/weapons.)
That's why they have the darkvision / initiative stuff. (Similar to the Watchers initiative boost.)
That's why they have spells like See Invisibility and Aura of Vitality.

That being said, having a coherent theme doesn't mean their Channel Divinity isn't overpowered. Obviously the class could have used more fine-tuning to be thematic without going too far.