Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
Two confirmations I need before I start ironing out the details of the builds:
No problem, I had the nagging feeling when I was writing the post I was forgetting things so I've no doubt I have.

- Magic Jar: Which bodies should I assume to be available? In the module it's simple enough: any enemies you reasonably can expect to face before the fight. But in the broader context of the game there are of course plenty of stronger bodies around. Or would you prefer that I not use the spell?
My answer as I read the first sentence was none, so I would rather the spell just not be used. There's clearly table difference at play here, but I don't think it's a widely used spell (outside of it being higher level) and I think it's use is so circumstantial it wouldn't really yield anything useful other than: Monster bodies are an upgrade to standard PC bodies, which isn't particularly helpful

- 1 hour spells are okay to be active from the start, right? What about 10 min effects? 1 min you stated is not kosher and I 100% agree. 1 hour seems fair enough, what's your call on 10 min?
Ten minutes is a tough one, for the sake of not just ruling out a bunch of stuff other tables might allow I'll say 10 minute buffs are okay. My personal opinion is that it's pretty situational, the time just moving through hallways can be in the minutes so it's pretty DM dependent.

And whilst it has occurred to me: Conjure x spells where the intent is that the DM chooses I'll pick the creatures as intended, I'll add this and the other things to the OP for reference and clarity for others.