Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
I've got a Diviner so provided I can have a long duration binding in effect (in this case 10 days), I'll roll the Portents for that day too and use those provided I get any low rolls.
Sounds good.

Note, my party has access to Commune and Contact Other Plane + Portent (to ensure the Contact Other Plane saves are made) among other things. This gives them a lot of information gathering power. Should we RP out how much information they can gather of the coming fight before the fight itself takes place? These PCs, particularly the Diviner and the Healer (not so much the Archer and the Druid), are very careful indeed and would not willingly engage in a fight without as much information as possible. It's fully possible they'd learn of the Limited Magic Immunity too.
Those are both basically yes/no question spells, given that you want to also do summoning and binding in the run up to the fight I don't think spamming these is all that feasible so what yes/no questions would you ask to get to LMI without any meta knowledge/logic?

It probably wouldn't matter overtly much: none of these PCs are blaster types anyways, but there are some corner cases where that might matter (Cleric being the most likely: if she closes in, the Cleric is probably tempted to just Spiritual Weapon + Spirit Guardians as always and while it isn't unreasonable for one of those to be cast at level 7 when trying to kill a big draconic deific thingy, both obviously won't be). On this level Legendary Resistance is simply assumed of all big draconic enemies in particular so spells used will mostly be of "no save" or "save and..."-nature and since Heroes' Feast is still a thing (one of the reasons I asked this question - it's obvious prep for incredibly dangerous fights regardless of the nature of the fight but it's not something you cast on a Sunday stroll through the park) fear as a whole is largely irrelevant.
My point on Legendary Resistance is her pool of 5 instead of 3.

Fear effect: if everything on the PC side is immune to Frightened at the time of the encounter then it's moot, my point was a jar in expectations if the PCs were using dragons as their point of reference.