View Single Post

Thread: Testing Tiamat

1. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Testing Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    3-4 castings in a single day..? So how long actually is the prep period for this as you have:

-At least one day dedicated to information gathering

-Multiple days dedicated to summoning, binding and simulacrum creation (to assume a fresh Simulacrum casting the spell in the immediate days before hand is preferable)
    One day accomplishes all those (aside from maybe Simulacrum creation). COP doesn't have repeat cast limit and it's a Ritual so casting it is only limited by time and given the Portents, that doesn't matter. If you'd prefer, though the language of Simulacrum is explicit in that the only limitation is regaining spell slots, I can just not use my Simulacrum Portents. That doesn't make a difference really, I rolled those in case you'd prefer. As long as I have Luck rerolls, casting COP is quite safe. Of course, it's possible the contacted creature doesn't know, but that's all good: in this case I got everything I wanted. I'm still debating few things like Wall of Force vs. Counterspell on my Bards (Valor Bard is actually quite different from Swords Bard: they have much more need for their bonus action and they are much more likely to want to engage at long range making them much worse suited for Crossbow Expert and making Counterspell worse in turn since they're less likely to be within 60'). I'm also impressed by the amount of slots my Cleric has put into buffing my team (all level 4-6 slots) and in general, there's a lot of slotty buffing going on. I'll post my full buffs and everything once I finish the builds.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2021-05-03 at 09:05 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.