View Single Post

Thread: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

1. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 50: Meeting nature halfway

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [B]
    [Dimensional Troubles]

"For that we would blame the humans that decided to destroy and steal our equipment. That's what caused this abnormality and we're now trying to repair and contain it the best of our ability." Jaccal gestures at the illusionary image."Speaking of which, we will need to do somthing for us." Tariza can see the dragon, the alien warriors, Ambrosia and that metal drone entering the temple now. "We need you to convince them to stay put. Your companion may enter but the others have to stay. We have enough to deal with to worry about such unpredictable beings moving around all this sensetive equipment. Like removing the tracker from you for instance." Jaacal now points down at a floor tile which has a carved mouth into it, Thariza have seen many like it while wandering through this temple. "Please stand here and you will be able to talk to them."

The carved maw will then start to glow and if she does stand on it whatever she says will be heard by the others.

The dragon turns to the armored aliens. "Er, right. The attack." Then looks back to Riss and Ambrosia. "Yeah, we met and decided to take down this temple together. So, uh, that's what we're going to do!" Then the dragon turns back to the aliens. "Just follow me inside and I'll, uh, tell you when to attack, okay? We just need to find who- or whatever is in charge and beat them until they give us what we want. Easy as pie for people as us, right?" Ambrosia doesn't say anything but her glare at the dragon is anything but approving and the dragon seems to feel it considering that even Riss can tell that she's getting nervous.
    But given that the response form the aliens is a resounding: ...so it shall be., the dragon moves ahead towards the large dragon-shaped hole in the temple. Suddenly appearing quite confident in her 'attack plan'.

Ambrosia let's out a small sigh. "Let's try to nudge her and these people towards a peaceful resolution, shall we?" She whispers to Riss before following along as well, keeping herself to the rear of the group.

But as they enter the temple they will start hearing Thariza's voice boom out from somewhere. The exact source of her voice not immidiately apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Fort Aegis Resort]

[Dimensional Troubles]

Thariza clears her throat, feeling awkward. This no doubt resonates through the temple.

"Uh, hey. This is me, Thariza. I've been talking to the owner of this place. They're going to fix me like I wanted them to now, but they're asking that you please stay put. Don't ransack the place. The smaller Ambrosia, that I originally came here, with, can enter."
    [Dimensional Troubles]

Hmm. "Hmm." Well that was interesting. "Well, I would think it a better idea to acquiesce to this request for the time being. Why is an attack necessary in the first place, anyway?" Riss asked, one hand reaching up to the terminal's forehead area. Though it appeared to be a single, smooth plate, there seemed to be no trouble in removing the odd, sapphire sensor, If it could even be called that, from it's head. Now that it was fully exposed. It looked to be more akin to some kind of eyeball-sized crystal save for the internal faucets being.. Well, the naked eye wouldn't be able to glean much other than the fact that it refracted the light in ways that seemed Off. Stranger still was that it left no recess in it's absence. Similarly, she also removed one of the small glass containers that hung from the terminal's horns, pressing it gently against the sensor as the two units fused. It was an assembly that could fit in the palm of one's hand though perhaps felt a touch heavier than one might expect from the size.

"Why not exhaust negotiations first? From the sound of it, we already have a trusted candidate and the absolute worst case is that we just get information about the interior passages and design if a tactical reason is necessary here." she said, holding out the sensor/device to the 'smaller Ambrosia' in a clear indication that it should be taken.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2021-05-03 at 09:08 AM.