Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
One day accomplishes all those (aside from maybe Simulacrum creation). COP doesn't have repeat cast limit and it's a Ritual so casting it is only limited by time and given the Portents, that doesn't matter. If you'd prefer, though the language of Simulacrum is explicit in that the only limitation is regaining spell slots, I can just not use my Simulacrum Portents. That doesn't make a difference really, I rolled those in case you'd prefer. As long as I have Luck rerolls, casting COP is quite safe. Of course, it's possible the contacted creature doesn't know, but that's all good: in this case I got everything I wanted. I'm still debating few things like Wall of Force vs. Counterspell on my Bards (Valor Bard is actually quite different from Swords Bard: they have much more need for their bonus action and they are much more likely to want to engage at long range making them much worse suited for Crossbow Expert and making Counterspell worse in turn since they're less likely to be within 60'). I'm also impressed by the amount of slots my Cleric has put into buffing my team (all level 4-6 slots) and in general, there's a lot of slotty buffing going on. I'll post my full buffs and everything once I finish the builds.
All it takes is failing a single roll of COP to lose the rest of the day, if you do go insane then you either lose the day or the Cleric loses a 5th level slot to fix it. Since you have to declare portents before the roll, handing portents to that reduces portents availble to forcing failed bindings.

Luck definitely helps, but the Int check is 15 and the Wizard has a +4 to the check, so they're more likely to fail than they are succeed to begin with.

Other than that it seems like a stretch time wise, you need a day basically for Simulacrums (which needs to happen before the rest for your reliance on portents), I assume that Familiars are going to be desired because, why not there's Wizards so that fills out day 1 pretty much. The Cleric can do Commune during this time of course, but given the stipulation of Commune that'll probably be spread out through out the day anyway). Then you need two hours of nothing but binding (assuming both are successful first time) and whatever time needed for the actual summoning, you're looking at a least a couple of days.

The RAW of Simulacrum is clear and I agree, but we also know what the RAI is and the general consensus of how ridiclous it is as a spell. I won't make the hard call on Simulacrum Portents because it's RAW and I don't want to seem like stacking the deck in Tiamat's favour, so I'll leave the decision to you.

I can think of some of the obvious buffs you'll be using, but I'm interested in the final array of them.