Sieghard

"Did the prince tell you why we're still here?" Sieghard asked Hechsler. "Grim work, but it needs to be done." He glanced north at the tracks left behind by the Iron Company, lowered his voice and muttered contemptuously "I guess his own men must've had something more important to do." He wondered if Sforza would've cared if it had been his own men's bodies left behind in the ruin. "Elsa tells me the darkness hanging over the ruins has settled, but I'm not taking chances. If you could get started blessing the swords and quarrels, we can get to work. If nothing else, I want to have the bodies out of there by nightfall."

He turned towards the workers Sforza had left behind. He knew that they hated him. That he had done what he could to minimize the suffering in the war with Alvarr or that he very well may have saved them from the same fate the people of Caerfort suffered didn't matter. All he could do was try not to give them more reason to hate him. "We've one job left before we're done here," he explained, doubting that anyone else had, "Once it's finished, we'll return to Manaan's Keep and I'll personally see that you're all given warm meals and found new homes and work - in the Vale or otherwise if you prefer." He paused knowing that if any of what he was going to say would cause a stir, it would be what was coming next. "The vampire Nahorek, sometimes called the Jackal or the Drinker is slain. His victims, who he enslaved in death still lie unburied in the ruin that he made his lair," He kept his tone neutral, his words an explanation rather than a rebuke. "We will see that their remains are removed from that dark place and given over to Morr properly."