View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

Urgrim
    Morning, Backertag 24th Kaldezeit

Urgrim dreamed of rockfalls and collapsed tunnels. When the morning came, he felt uncharacteristically anxious about his conversation with Jarla the previous night. He was no less sure he'd done the right thing, but with the passage of the intervening hours, he'd remembered humans could be funny about that kind of thing. He hoped he'd not offended Adelbert's memory in some obscure manner – though he felt sure he'd hear it from Sieghard soon enough, if he had blundered.

He slipped away from the camp as soon as he'd pulled his clothes on, heading back for the foothills overlooking Nath. Some time alone would settle his mood; besides, though he didn't expect much, he wouldn't feel right if he didn't return to round about where they'd lost the witch's trail, just to see what the scene looked like in the light of day.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hope this timesplit is okay. Urgrim will willingly spend several hours retracing the route the trackers took the previous night, and searching for anything that could indicate where Mala went from there, even if following the trail is impossible. I expect he'd return to the camp and the burial team in the mid afternoon. A Follow Trail roll against 54, with a Fortune re-roll if necessary: (1d100)[58], (1d100)[66] – well, I guess I'll use that fortune point to push the first roll to a raw pass, though I don't expect that actually wins Urgrim very much.

~

Evening, Backertag 24th & Morning, Bezahltag 25th Kaldezeit

Urgrim found his way to Sieghard and the labourers on his return. He got to work organising the collection of cairnstones, selecting out the broadest and flattest specimens that would serve well in the base layer. When the edges of the basin began to be sketched out against the earth, he started putting the largest rocks in place on the prospective border, to form the outer ring. More pointed and angular stones were destined to form the middle of the cairn. It was simple work which harkened back to a simpler time in his life, and it was easy to do in silence save for simple directions and assessments.

In the evening, he spoke to Hechsler. "Strength to your arm, Jurgen." After the measure of polite and sombre small talk appropriate for the circumstances, Urgrim asked the Sigmarite if he could ask him something. "How d'you find it, serving your god far from his own lands, among the unfaithful? It seems ... unrewarding, to be a priest of the Hammer so far from your Empire. Yet, your faith now's helped strike down a great enemy of all civilised folks. Is it ... do you still feel he listens to you?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Might be appropriate to test Urgrim's Trade skill here, to help planning the cairn. Trade Stoneworker 56 - (1d100)[29], Fortune - (1d100)[55]

Since Urgrim has taught some of the Thorns ranging, I think it's also appropriate for him to be a bit upset while clearing the bodies, so I'll test against Willpower on the 25th. WP 71 - (1d100)[39]
    Last edited by Thragka; 2021-05-05 at 03:37 PM.