View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

<My people are gone. The only thing... your scholars should learn from us... is not to follow... our example.>

Elsa smiled bitterly. <A lesson every generation of scholars has to learn anew, it seems.> She inclined her head. <Thank you, Meskhenet. If I cannot destroy the Book, I will at least work to keep it out of the hands of anyone who would use it. Sometimes, it seems the most good a person can do is just give the world a short respite from evil.>

She closed the box.

Bezahltag, 25th Kaldezeit

Since there were apparently no ghosts in Nath on this fine day, or at least none that were both visible and hostile, Elsa mostly kept an eye on the workers to make sure the Thorns were the only ones gathering the weapons of the fallen. She tried not to think too hard about whether Kleinrabe's original plan, which involved staying out of Nath, would have actually worked. She also tried not to look at the dead's rotting, half-eaten faces.

This is why I want my body burned. There's more dignity in being ashes than vulture food.

She still deeply respected Sieghard for being willing to go to such lengths for his fallen men. Though the living Thorns may hate this task, they would remember henceforth that their commander would do the same thing for them, if they too fell in battle.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got nothing especially important to do or say.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-05 at 06:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.