View Single Post

Thread: Testing Tiamat

1. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Testing Tiamat

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    Ahh I see it now thanks

Thank you

For simplicity I'm just going to use a white grid, fluff wise it's a giant underground cavern.

In terms of real life? Sure, but speeds don't really match to real life anyway and a whale plays by different rules being in water.

Okay I've filled in the map here:

Spoiler: Grid layout and starting positions
    Show

There's 60ft between the front line of the party and Tiamat as discussed, there's roughly a 100ft border around (from the back/sides of Tiamat and the back of the party) to work with for maneuverability. Given her size and the starting distance, any 'indoor' map was always going to be incredibly massive already.
    Btw, it feels to me like 100' is too little. Tiamat's dimensions mean she couldn't even turn airborne at 100' (with a wingspan of 450', to fly she'd need to be able to spread her wings and at 260' they'd just collide if she moved horizontally). Perhaps 400' behind each party or so? 1000' x 1000' would be the minimum area I would think that would make sense as something where you could conjure something that big, or as a lair for a massive creature. Perhaps we should frame this as a lair battle of sorts and just say the PCs were teleported in or something to make it all make sense.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2021-05-05 at 11:08 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.