Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
(A) Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the term BOTE, can you please explain?

(B) I assume the minimum range you're looking to maintain at all times is going to be 125ft then?

I'm not sure how well this stratgey would work in practice, I think the Simulacrums will go down very quickly and as DPR drops things heavily shift into Tiamat's favour.

(C) The problem is staying out of her range is a tall order, since she can dash for 240ft a round and some of her breath weapons can reach an additional 120ft. She can effectively fly up over 400 ft range when needed to take a break, her potential movement and range actually give her great pursuit/skirmishing in a kiting scenario, with her attacks being devastating enough that the additional help will drop off fairly quickly.

(D) What is the purpose of the Air Elementals sorry? Is this meant to be their Whirlwind effect? They can't grapple her and it's impossible for her to fail a Whirlwind save.
(A) BOTE: Back-of-the-envelope calculation. It's a rough calculation with some spherical cows still embedded and some variables not completely nailed down.

(B) They're using longbows so 125' is an absolute minimum, but they'll take as much as they can get, scattering in different directions if necessary, although if Fog Cloud is allowed to grant advantage to all four archers at once there's some incentive for them to try to stay together. (Ergo, tactics depend partially on how the DM runs heavy obscurement.)

(C) IMO that's not such a big deal, since Phantom Steeds can already get 220' movement easily (100' + Longstrider + Dash) and more is possible via e.g. Haste if needed, although scattering in different directions may make Greater Invisibility a better use of concentration. But you're right, Dashing is a good strategy for her, one I strangely forgot about, maybe good enough to make playing the scenario out in detail worthwhile. Let me know if you want to.

(D) Since you can't end your movement in an enemy creature's square, the elementals are there to restrict where she's allowed to end her movement and make it harder for her to pursue the archers.