View Single Post

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons 5.1E — Monk

1. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5.1E — Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Catullus64 View Post
    It's for similar reasons that I think the proposed low-level mobility changes are overkill. I'm not unsympathetic to giving monks more skirmishing potential at the early stages of the game, but giving them mini-Mobile AND folding both aspects of Step of the Wind into one AND removing Step of the Wind's action economy cost AND keeping the same base movement increases takes things too far in the opposite direction, and all in one level. We've gone from Monks falling behind Cunning Action (you invited the comparison) to them significantly outstripping it.
    Cunning Action is free, and a rogue will reliably use it nearly every turn in every encounter (barring use of subclass features or two-weapon fighting). If a 2nd-level monk wants to use Step of the Wind every turn, they will spend basically all of their ki points on it (assuming two encounters per short rest with an average encounter length of three rounds).

The mini-Mobile is because most people view it as a feat tax on the monk. I alleviate that tax.

If you think my changes are too much, I recommend making Step of the Wind a bonus action again, but that's basically it.
    Last edited by thoroughlyS; 2021-05-06 at 08:12 PM.
    Goblin in the Playground

Most 3.5 thing I've ever seen: RAW on RAW. Love you, Curmudgeon.