View Single Post

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons 5.1E — Monk

1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5.1E — Monk

Quote Originally Posted by thoroughlyS View Post
    Cunning Action is free, and a rogue will reliably use it nearly every turn in every encounter (barring use of subclass features or two-weapon fighting). If a 2nd-level monk wants to use Step of the Wind every turn, they will spend basically all of their ki points on it (assuming two encounters per short rest with an average encounter length of three rounds).

The mini-Mobile is because most people view it as a feat tax on the monk. I alleviate that tax.

If you think my changes are too much, I recommend making Step of the Wind a bonus action again, but that's basically it.
    Ok. I think I understood your reasoning correctly on the first read, then, and we just have very diverging ideas; I don't think Monks should be using Ki abilities every round; they already outstrip the Rogue in other areas, so having to spend a currency to perform on par with the Rogue in this department seems fair to me. I also don't really believe there is such a thing as a "feat tax", but that's an argument for another thread.
    Last edited by Catullus64; 2021-05-06 at 08:43 PM.
    The desire to appear clever often impedes actually being so.

What makes the vanity of others offensive is the fact that it wounds our own.

Quarrels don't last long if the fault is only on one side.

Nothing is given so generously as advice.

We hardly ever find anyone of good sense, except those who agree with us.

-Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld