Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Master Plan - Hah!

I picture it more like this:

At the Creation
Fenris: My turn? All right! I'm going to put 5 points into "quick maturity" and 5 points into "breeds fast", uh, a point in darkvision, and I'm giving them tusks, and green skin!
Thor: Goblins? Again? Dude, you have tried that literally a billion times and it never works the way you want it to.
Fenris (snarls): Well maybe I just feel lucky this time.
Odin: You spent all those points on getting more of them faster - where did you get the points?
Fenris: I took them all out of "starting resources" and "magic talent".
Odin: No real magic-users again? That sounds like trouble.
Freyr: You do know that you need food in order to breed, right? What are your goblins going to eat when you gave up all their good land to buy them "breeds fast"?
Fenris: Who cares what they start with? They're going to go conquer all the dwarf lands within a couple centuries.
Thor: Yeah, they can TRY. Looks like I'll be giving the dwarves combat bonuses against goblinoids again.
Fenris: And I made the green ones medium creatures this time. That'll give them just the edge they need to push them to victory.
Thor (rolls eyes)

A few centuries later:
Fenris: Gaaah! Stupid goblins! Every time I get a good general or cleric with a few levels on them they die of old age! And it costs me five goblins just to kill one of your stupid dwarf fighters.
Thor (a little smugly): It's not like we didn't warn you.
Fenris: All right. FINE! You have failed me for the last time, goblins. I'm going to go see what I can do with the trolls and ogres. <Ragequits the goblins>
I like this one, seems pretty plausible and accurate, especially the downsides of breeding and maturing fast ending with no real leaders or power players within the goblin race.