The sudden change in the pattern of the weave through Zee was... unnerving to the healer, not because there was anything strange about the pattern, but because of the speed and accuracy of the change. When Reuma was was weaving, changes were slow, precise, and methodical; Yet Zee had just demonstrated the same level of skill near instantly. And they said it was a new sort of experience to them. While they clearly didn't mean harm, the healer made a mental note not to anger them. "Thank you s-so much, Ma'am. You really are too kind..."

On the other side, the conversation with Raeh had taken a turn from the uncomfortable to somewhere between malicious and concerned. It struck Reuma as odd that a stranger would ask if a healer could defend themselves, but it also wasn't the first time she had been asked. "Of course I can defend myself... but generally I'm already defended by those who I heal. Beyond that, I'll never feel afraid of the inebriated or those filled with momentary frustrations. The emotions they carry are not strong willed, and are therefore easy to manipulate." Reuma's head tilts a little, eyes piercing from behind the mask. "And even if they pressed beyond that, and I had no allies, I am still a Satyrlyrri. Tell me, can half-elves outrun a warband, while carrying a corpse and wounded? I have." The healer's voice, for a moment, is unexpectedly cold and cruel. It was clear that there were two sides to the meek healer, though one only showed itself sparingly.

Leaning back, and looking around the tavern once more, Reuma considered Raeh for a few moments. "These are o-odd questions, however... I feel that maybe you are trying to project onto me things that have hurt you. I'd offer to help, but I know you already would refuse. I wonder if you consider yourself beyond help, two-soul?" The pronghorn's voice is once more kind, tinged with a hint of bittersweet tone. Reuma looked back to Raeh, eyes watching her with a fair amount of respect, but also with a tinge of sadness that sparks through the magical horns. I wonder just what made you this way, Raeh?