View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    "Mm," said Sforza. "And you are planning to retrieve it now?" He arched an eyebrow. "A woman travelling with large sums of money should have guards. Esteban will give you two of his men."
    Elsa suppressed a sigh, not only at the imposition but also at how transparent Sforza's intent was. He knew she had her own friends who could protect her. His excuse was almost more insulting than his mistrust.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you."

And when they return, they'll tell you the same thing I told you: it's just gold.

She also resolved to take at least one of her friends. She trusted Esteban's men, for the most part, but one hundred and fifty crowns was a large enough sum of money to make gears turn inside men's heads. Especially in the wilderness.

Elsa and Sieghard

"You said Sforza plans on celebrating the victory when he marches back north, right? If still want to when we reach the city, we'll see about it then."

"I'd like that very much," said Elsa, her blush deepening.

Later that evening, the two of them laid awake together, enjoying each other's warmth. "With all that's been happening, I never had a good chance to ask," he said, breaking the silence. "Do you know what happened to those letters you wrote?"
    Elsa stiffened a bit in Sieghard's arms. Evidently this was not a topic she liked to discuss. "I'm not sure, but I imagine Sforza destroyed them after the trial. Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-09 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.