Quote Originally Posted by quindraco View Post
Putting your hand back on the 2H weapon in a useful way isn't a nonaction - you've unreadied the weapon, and you'll need to consume your 1/turn free use item to re-ready it. Not a big deal unless you're doing other things as well, but worth mentioning that it isn't totally and wholly free, unlike the rest of it.
This is incorrect. It is free.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/...93963979972608

Question asker: He's basically saying that switching between 1 or 2 hands is a non-action.

Crawford: That's correct.
Same for swapping grips on a Versatile weapon. Unless you actually drop the weapon entirely, you don't need to use an object interaction to "ready" it.

So for the people who are saying Swords makes a better archer than Valor - in what respect are we saying that? For a damage focus? It seems to me it would depend how you want to play. If your goal is "archer first, bard second" then I think I get the argument. But if the goal is "bard first, archer instead of cantrip spam" then I would lean Valor. And at high levels you get to throw out an archery attack after casting a Bard spell, which isn't nothing if you're using Sharpshooter.