Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
"Not without enough bub to give me brain damage, anyway." Michalson puts his glass on a table. "After I left Sigil to find my fortunes, I ended up on a Prime world. That means, well... a material world, not part of another plane. I stayed there for a bit. It was a nice enough place for an adventurer. But the country I stayed in was... ran by spell-slingers. It wasn't so bad when I came there, but their grip got worse over time. Eventually... people got fed up. And somehow I felt myself swept along with them. I don't know why. It wasn't my home. Maybe it was the fresh feeling of something to believe in. Or being able to do something. Ivories know I couldn't do anything in Sigil."
"If you were living there, maybe it was starting to feel like your home at that point?" Ithuriel asks, "Or maybe you're just a good person and cared about people being treated poorly? Everything I've seen suggests you're a good sort." It's perhaps a little foolishly optimistic of her to perceive things that way, but then she is an angel of redemption. She's meant to try and draw out the good in people.

Sometimes she even manages it.