Jarla

Jarla had changed into one of the palace dresses Irene had supplied her with, and a pair of matching heels. She still felt like she probably needed an hour in front of a mirror with a battalion of hairdressers, makeup artists and perfumers to properly look her best for court, but her time as an actress had at least allowed her to hit presentable easily and quickly. Fortified with breakfeast she felt as ready as she could to face the universe today.

Jarla had no idea how she'd react to La Principessa once she met her face to face again. She'd expected anger she'd have to hide and there was that. What she hadn't expected was to fall straight back into Irene's aura. The other woman was so beautiful, so regal as to be overwhelming. For a moment Jarla was simply stunned, before her wits travelled back to her and she curtsied.

"My apologies my lady, but I fear after the travel I did not appear at my finest, and did not want to embarrass you by appearing less than respectful," she said, her grey-blue eyes tracking the departing servant. The moment she was gone she relaxed into a playfully smile. "Also my lady I thought you and your husband deserved a little... privacy."

It was hard to fight against Irene's charm when you were actually friends with her. At her question Jarla actually blushed a little. "Yes, it is true. Technically I am still married to that swine Heinrich in Nuln but his highness has said he can free me and then... Well, my lady I am still a young woman. I have not entirely given up the idea of marriage, and should there be a handsome man of name and means, at court...?"

She paused and added. "I know I am your lady-in-waiting your highness and I wish to continue being so. Would you grant me permission to wed?"