Jarla

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
"I should think so! My lady, where would I be with out you? Which reminds me, I shall have to rely heavily on your judgement on my clothing and hair for the ball. I fear it has been a long time for me and you always look so elegant."
Irene smiled. “Time spent with soldiers will do that to you, my dear,” she said, rising to her feet again. She looked Jarla up and down, taking in the clothes she was wearing. “Muzio told me about your exploits. We’ll have to get you something new - we can’t have the woman who rode into the monster’s lair turning up in a second-hand gown.”

OOC:
Spoiler
Show
Irene is happy to get Jarla fitted for a new dress at the crown's expense - if Jarla's happy to play along and let Irene tell her what suits her then that'll be a free Noble's Garb ready by the end of the week.

No need to continue this scene unless you have anything more you want to add to it.

Elsa

Suzana’s storehouse was looking a little different from how Elsa remembered it. A couple of burly guards now stood outside the gate, and a pair of new carts were being unloaded in the yard.

“Ah, Magister Hildebrand,” said the merchant on seeing Elsa. “I was wondering when I’d see you again. We agreed on an eighth cut for seven weeks, yes? You’ve still got one week to go.” Producing a heavy ledger, she took a seat and began to run her finger down the columns of figures. “Still, if you want what you’re currently owed, I believe that would come to… fifty-two crowns… eleven schillings… and fivepence.” She looked up from her sums, seeming quite confident in the calculation. “I think we have that much in the strongbox. I can have Henrik count it out now, if you want.”

When Elsa brought out her offer of renewed investment, Suzana raised her eyebrows, looking down her nose at the heavy bags of coins. “That’s quite the sum,” she said. “We could certainly use it. I’ve been looking at hiring more guards, and my suppliers in the north are starting to realise they can raise their prices too.” She looked back to Elsa. “What are you asking in return? An extension of our current arrangement?”