View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

1. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

Elsa was quite impressed with her share of the profits. Her initial investment had been more than recouped, and she now made a lot more per month as an investor than as a court wizard. Which... did not seem fair to hard-working wizards everywhere, but she supposed she should not complain.

"What are you asking in return? An extension of our current arrangement?"

"Correct," said Elsa with a quick nod. "More guards does seem like a good idea; hungry people will do desperate things. Oh, and of course I'll want everything on paper and notarized, with a copy for me and another in the care of a third party. As you can imagine, I lead a dangerous life, and should something happen to me, my inheritors must be able to take over my shares without having to come over here and leaf through ledgers."

Though she left it unstated, she also could not fully trust a merchant. She would not be cheated—she was the court wizard, and people rightfully feared her—but if she died while still owning shares in the business, Elsa could easily imagine Suzana "misplacing" some important paperwork.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-12 at 01:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.