Jarla & Elsa

Jarla had spent the morning with La Principessa, gossiping, playing cards and providing general entertainment. She wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad thing to be good at being a lady's companion but she was evidently quite good at it.

After a light luncheon she departed from her mistress and made her way to the stables to check on Countess. While brushing her steed's mane (she had no faith whatsoever in the castle stablehands) Jarla realised she had a visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
Later that day, Elsa sought out Jarla in hopes of mending their relationship.

"Jarla. Our last conversation ended badly, and I don't want you to give me the cold shoulder from now on. At the time I didn't think of how much hurt you carried over your brother's murder." She offered a hand. "Will you go on a horse ride with me? I have many stories to tell about Adelbert."
Jarla hesitated, but after a moment took Elsa's hand. She even smiled slightly.

"As it happens I was planning on a ride to clear my head, so if you are taking that great black beast of yours you can join me. If we're careful Irene won't spot us and if she hears we've been spotted together I'll fib and say I was seducing you to learn your schemes."