Sieghard

"Oh no, you just, uh, took me by surprise is all. That and you know, the last time I saw you I, um... nearly died."

"It ended very poorly for the man who tried," Sieghard said sympathetically. "If that's not warning enough for anyone who might think to lay a finger on you, I wouldn't hesitate to teach him the same lesson."

"Friends in Putbad, eh? That's certainly interesting. If we had a vessel north of the falls that would double our reach. And if you could make those introductions, you'd be looking for some kind of... stake in the venture?"

"Of course," he replied, grinning. "We'd all be very rich men - that was the plan, wasn't it? I know the late Count Groz's widow and met a few of the other guilders, some of them her family. We're not close enough that any of them would call me a friend, but I could certainly take you to meet them and see if any of them are interested in talking business. I'll make sure word of the Prince's ball reaches them - I'm sure some of them will come down for the celebrations. Come as my guest and I'll introduce you then."

When Sieghard finished his business with Burhan, he went to find Filomena and explained that he was finally ready to arrange the sale.

"Gods willing, we'll have a bit of peace now," he said after giving a quick summary of events involving Nahorek (one that Filomena didn't seem particularly interested in). "Give me a couple of days and I can have the Greenapple house empty and ready. The warehouses may take a bit longer, but I have time to work on that now."