1. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Fluff Discussion XVII: Call Necrosius, The Old Thread Is Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The gameplay preview for Total War Warhammer 3 (and brief developer interviews) has come out. I'd hoped for a little more to be honest, as their was nothing of campaign gameplay, maps, rosters or the like, but I guess it is early days.

At the same time, GW also released some more information, tying into to TW3 and also The Old World. The new units previewed, specifically the sled mounted artillery pulled by bears and the massive elemental bear were designed by GW for use with TOW as well as WH3. And there is a new map of Kislev. Interestingly, Norse Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves and the Hobgoblin Khanate all feature on the map.

Also, one of the developers for WH3 said that expanding to the far east with Cathay allowed them to feature new races never before seen in the Warhammer IP. It could just be hype spiel or it could be an indication that we may get not just Cathay in the far east, but also places like Nippon and Ind.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if GW uses this as an experiment to see if expanding their product line to see if they can get more of a foothold in the Asian market (inb4 recasters beat them to it). TW3K already gives some hard numbers for how much untapped potential they have out there in comparing it's sales to TWW (as if it weren't obvious). If you're gonna redesign the game a'la Old World, why not do so in a way to appeal to your new market targets?

I can't wait to find out more about the settlement battle maps and siege rework.
    Last edited by Brookshw; 2021-05-14 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.