Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
You forgot to add levels to your abilities. I'm assuming it goes 3, 3, 9, 13, 17 since that would be fitting with the abilities.
Thank you. I had it listed on two of the abilities but not the others. I've fixed it.

Escamotage - This ability is extremely appropriate thematically, but a little underwhelming when it comes to class abilities. Making a dagger/dart 1d6 puts it on the same level shortbow and shortsword which are both options that a rogue gets without even thinking. The longer range is a nice addition to it, but you still have a better option in the crossbow or shortbow. So, what is the fix? I think there needs to be an additional ability to get a sneak attack with a dart of dagger rolled into this. Possibly something like this
"You are adept at hiding and surprising enemies with small blade. During your turn, you can draw and attack with a hidden dagger or dart. Make a slight of hard roll against the opponents perception. On success, you are eligible to make a sneak attack" or something of the like. Getting a sneak attack isn't all that hard, but it does get the idea of a surprise through without giving easy advantage.
Excellent idea: I've added something very close to the suggested ability. The version I've settled on is an ability that resembles the Inquisitive's Insightful Fighting ability, but the Maverick's ability only lasts one turn, with the tradeoff that it can effect multiple opponents (important for synergy with All In later).[/quote]

All In - That is a lot of dagger you could go through in a single battle! I really like this ability to. It's a nice way that a rogue can deal with a group of weaker enemies instead of one powerful enemy. Question on it, do you want each attack to be 1d6 + Dex or just 1d6 (per the sneak attack dice)? I can see both being successfully argued as the right way to do it, so I'll just leave it at mentioning it.
It would be 1d6+Dex for each enemy.

Jinx - So you are giving all enemies disadvantage on initiative for the rest of your career? Also, -5 on all passive perception checks to see you sneaking? Also, you are giving them disadvantage on all grapple checks. Seems pretty powerful to be an always on ability, I would rather seem this limited to X uses per rest to keep it a little more balanced.
Good points: I've limited it to proficiency modifier per short or long rest. Plenty of uses to see frequent use, but you would run out with overuse.

The flavor all the way through this subclass is amazing, everything fits the contest and the theming of the character beautifully. I think there are a few power issues that need resolved, but overall this is a really good entry.
Thanks!