View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in New Ganthar IV

1. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in New Ganthar IV

(I'm going to put both of Yara's turns chronologically after Vlarath's actions. I'm only going to be taking the one that was meant to occur before, leaving the others to act before deciding the next action as the following turn is using a concentration power)

Yara feels the wave of death magic wash over her, kept safe through her divine attributes. She was about to smirk at the dark gods uselessness until his next move struck her cold. A massive display of power that Yara new well, the ability to unravel magic. This came in a form that she had never considered, one that would separate her from her power entirely. Desperately she built up her magical defences, watching the spell break through barrier after hastily erected barrier. Closing her eyes and giving a slight whimper, she felt the ray dissipate upon her last line of defence.
    For a short time, she stood absolutely still considering what would have happened if Vlarath's spell had worked. It wouldn't have killed her, no. It would have been worse than death, to be powerless and useless.

With a slight stagger she straightened herself to weakly glare at Vlarath.
    "Nothing are we? W... what have you even done?" Yara says, still shaken. "Singed us slightly? Missed every other shot? Ju... just die already!"
    Raising an arm, she lashes out. Barely visible telekinetic tentacles erupt in the air around Vlarath, seeking to beat him down. Yara knew that they had only gotten this far through luck and chance, many of the god's attacks had been enough to kill or disable them had luck only been on his side. Better make sure that he never got the chance again.
    Spoiler: Quickend Twinned Telekinetic Maneuver, Twinned Telekinetic Maneuver
    Show
    Trying to do a bit of support this round and massively lower his AC for Theo and Perseus. I haven't used Telekeinetic Maneuver much this game beyond I think once on Feronax. So lets spam it.
    Forgot Yara got +Divine Rank to caster level checks, so +20 rather than the +19 I did when checking disintegrate

No save, only SR and Trip/Grapple checks
    Q + T Telekinetic Maneuver: Aiming to trip
    1: SR Check (1d20+20)[23] for Trip (1d20+11)[26]
    2: SR Check (1d20+20)[37] for Trip (1d20+11)[23]
    (Augmented for a +6)

T Telekinetic Maneuver: Aiming to Grapple
    1: SR Check (1d20+20)[27] for Grapple: (1d20+24)[28]
    2: SR Check (1d20+20)[27] for Grapple: (1d20+24)[43]

Between Constricting Chains and potentially grappled and/or prone, he should be much easier for Theo and Perseus to hit.

Low Caster level rolls. Going off Yara's SR, only one trip has a chance of working unless he somehow has abysmal SR.
    Last edited by Timble; 2021-05-21 at 07:44 AM.