1. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Psionics Reloaded-the Psion and Psychic Warrior; ALL DISCIPLINES NOW COMPLETE (PE

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    ...but eh. The more I look at this, the more I think I should drop psi dice as a mechanic altogether. Or at the very least update them to match the published Psi Warrior and Soulknife. Which I guess would be something like:
    • Instead of spell psi points, you have an equal number of psi dice.
    • Talents mostly don't use psi dice at all; for stuff like Psychic Aptitude, it can just be "roll one of your psi dice," rather than expending them.
    • To use a Discipline power, you have to expend a couple psi dice (ie, the same number as you'd normally spend spell psi points)
    • When dealing damage with Discipline power (or Talent?) you can expend additional psi dice, up to your normal limit, and add them to the damage. If nothing else, that would save a lot of repetitions of "you can increase this ability's damage by 1d6 per additional psi point spent on it"...
    That's a fair call, keeping things working well with what is already published is a safe bet and I agree with that thought.

Edit: That also reduces some of the complexity which could be a good thing. Your Psi Dice pool becomes your tracked resource and only have to compare it against Psi Limit (how many you can use in one turn).
    Last edited by Kane0; 2021-05-24 at 08:21 PM.
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika