Shandara looks back up toward Bolten, not very unhappy to be distracted by any thoughts she may have had. She says, "Erm. I would not say the use of the word 'trapped' is accurate... Given the way the animals don't rampage around angrily whenever able, and the reverence the others displayed, as well as the grim prospect of such spirits 'dying' .. I think there is more here at work than meets the eye. But I do not know the exact details. I know that shamans from their old ways used to perform some manner of ritual to call upon spirits. That in itself sounds fairly voluntary..."

Shandara's paranoia was still really flaring. It was pretty silly to think that anything would happen here, but you never know... After putting a small dollop of honey into her tea and stirring, she does a few simple arcane gestures and taps her tea cup with one of her fingers.

Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 15
Show
Detect Poison

Seeming satisfied with whatever she just did, she took the first sips. Suddenly, the looming presence of Spinel up above caught her off guard. A soup bowl quickly clacked down onto the table before Bolten (Silverware and napkin was already present).

"Here you are, sir. We have fresh soup ready at a moment's notice. The appetizers will still be a few minutes. Please let me know if you need anything else."

And with that, after giving Bolten a mere second to say something before scurrying off, Spinel went off to try to greet the larger party nearby.

Spoiler: ooc
Show
I think they may have trouble speaking with Spinel... Maybe they'd just need a different waiter?