1. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Wild Lurker Appears! Hyoi's Random Banter #232

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    The Sith fighting defensively as well is kind of my point.

Peelee brought up the destructive potential of lightsabers as a counterpoint too my argument that Dorce lightning is inherently Darkside because it has only harmful applications under normal circumstances.

I countered with the Lightsaber's defensive applications and the fact that everyone fights defensively with them.

As for why the Jedi have them? They're not just monks, they're peacekeepers.

What's a better way to keep the piece than with a weapon that bypasses most defenses while allowing you to easily parry, block, deflect, or reflect the troublemaker's own weapon.

And if someone is too dangerous to bring in alive? It might not be pretty, but it'll be quick.
    ah yes. "Keep the peace". with deadly force. All your enemies dead in half burnt bloody corpses with no one to disagree with you, real peaceful.

everyone fights defensively Rater, because Star Wars is a movie franchise trying to keep a certain rating for its ideal audience. if they happened logically, we'd quickly get more things like Darth Maul getting cut in half but with more blood. Thats why the prequels threw so many droids at jedi to get around having to having to depict that.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-05-27 at 03:02 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".