1. - Top - End - #1486
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: A Wild Lurker Appears! Hyoi's Random Banter #232

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Being a mastermind sure is easy when good is dumb and evil has read the script, sure.
    It's not so much that good is dumb so much that good has no reason to suspect that Evil is sitting at the breakfast table plotting against them.

The Jedi became alienated because they believed that their work was done: The very early days of the Republic, it was ruled by the Jedi but eventually, they stepped back to become advisors and peacekeepers.

Then centuries ago they thought the Sith were all wiped out.

It becomes very easy to just... sit back and let the Republic take care of itself, only coming out when the Chancellor wants your wisdom or here's an incident that's escalated to the point that violence is imminent, and just focus on self-improvement and training the next generation of monks.

When everything's perfect, you need to find ways to be productive. Without regular mental stimulation, you start to deteriorate. Complacency is one of the sources of anomie, and generations of anomie lead to the breakdown of culture and society.

In the case of the jedi, this breakdown manifested in them being too comfortable in their ivory tower, becoming more insular and dogmatic and then they get taken by complete surprise and are willing to engage in moral compromise to solve a problem they never saw coming.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-05-27 at 04:02 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks