"I could talk, and I could fly. I couldn't do both. My clothes? Oh! Yeah, so... I'm not actually human. I look it, but I'm not. I'm a shapeshifter, I've got two shapes that are equally me. One's this one, the other's a jackdaw. I can reach in and pull the bird out, naturally. It's not magic." Because Jack knows how she does it, and 'magic' is used for anything she can't understand. And, in a way, her ability is as natural as a homing pigeon's ability to follow the Earth's magnetic field, though it does rely on inherent magical fields and energies. "I can't shift clothes with me, so my clothes are magic so they know when I'm shifting and join in. Like this." Jack holds out her arm as feathers grow from it, the joints moving around and her fingers disappearing. The shirt fades away as the feathers erupt from her arm. Unlike the wings on her back, these feathers are actually jackdaw ones. "My new wings don't shift with me, they stay as they are. They get smaller, but it took me a while to figure out how to fly with four wings."