View Single Post

Thread: Thoughts on the OOTS goblin predicament

1. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thoughts on the OOTS goblin predicament

Quote Originally Posted by hungrycrow View Post
    The plan is to give TDO a supernuke to hold the other gods hostage. What happens after that, and what demands they would actually make, is unclear. But if the gods took the threat seriously then TDO would basically control the multiverse.

Serini doesn't seem to know that though; it seems like she buys into Xykon's version of the plan, where he becomes king of the world with Redcloak as his right hand man.
    As stated earlier, TDO wouldn't actually be able to control the multiverse. Perhaps a disproportionate amount of power for a god, but the total power he's aiming for is somewhat less than multiversal domination.

Though yes, Serini seems to believe that Xykon's plan is the case. Which really is one of my big disagreements with her. I mean, "TDO gets the Snarl" or "the gods unmake the world but they're safe to make more" are obviously less than ideal, but they're obviously better than multiversal domination.

Xykon hypothetically gaining control of the Snarl himself might arguably be worse.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemarc View Post
    What is the consensus, or at least most popular, forum opinion about TDO anyway? The fact that he's simply absent and isn't returning Redcloak's calls has me primed to expect something but I have no idea what.
    My current headcanon is "Redcloak's too scared to ask more directly" with a good side helping of "TDO's doing the work of an entire pantheon so he's kinda busy".

...What? Most of us are arguing that TDO's side isn't completely wrong. That doesn't mean Redcloak can't be a complete jackass.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2021-06-04 at 11:34 AM.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.