View Single Post

Thread: A Misdirection of Magicians (IC)

1. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Misdirection of Magicians (IC)

A handsome and well-manicured human male of about six and a half feet tall with an athletic build stands casually as if mingling with those around him, flashing a pearly-white smile to anyone he passes. Except he doesn't seem to actually do any mingling beyond a smile or nod and a "Victor Lustig. Charmed, I'm sure." Hands in the pockets of his well-tailored traveler's outfit cut in the latest style and a jaunty befeathered hat, he seems to be the peak example of the arrogant and self-absorbed aristocracy... Until he trips over his own feet and falls flat on his face in the midst of the crowd.

The jaunty hat falls from his head, and the man's appearance changes drastically. Shorter by about a foot, now looking more gaunt than athletic, and his clothing no longer looking at all fashionable is dust-speckled and threadbare - even the jaunty hat looks worn and frayed. Snatching at the hat frantically, he slams it back into his now balding head as he clambers to his feet. After a brief moment, his previous (and much more handsome) appearance is back once more, and he visibly takes a deep breath with his eyes closed as if to calm himself. Nodding slightly, he opens his eyes and resumes his casual-seeming countenance... though it seems remarkably more rigid than before, eyes a bit wider and with far less smiling.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

TL/DR: Handsome prince charming man! *Hat of disguise falls off* Balding middle-aged has-been. *Put hat back on* Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

Note: My wife (who is from Germany) tells me that 'Lustig' actually translates to 'Funny'. And so the bumbling charlatan persona was born.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2021-06-04 at 10:29 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson