View Single Post

Thread: Multiclassing/Dipping Shame

1. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Multiclassing/Dipping Shame

@Archpaladin Zousha

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfFighter View Post
    I don't allow multi-classing in my 5e games. I am convinced that it makes for a more balanced party if the players stick with their character's class. Non-optimized PCs have greater interdependence and this is conductive to playing well with each others as the PCs need to rely on each other to succeed as a group. The idea that you are failing your party if you aren't playing optimized to the max is a toxic mindset to me.

-DF
    I always allow multiclassing in my 5e games. I am convinced multiclassing is a wonderful tool to leverage the mechanics of the game to better represent the character concepts. The idea that you are failing your party if you aren't playing optimized to the max is a toxic mindset to me.

Even if we use "optimized" to mean "optimizing how well the mechanics represent your character concept", the idea that you are failing your party if you aren't playing optimized to the max is still a toxic mindset to me.

Archpaladin Zousha, there is no shame in having preferences about how much multiclassing you want to do. I love multiclassing and DwarfFighter dislikes it. Neither of us feels shame about our preference or tries to shame the other over our difference in preference. And despite having wildly different preferences, we both agree that you are not "failing" if you are not "optimized to the max".
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2021-06-07 at 02:44 PM.